How to change your skin in Minecraft in 2022
Are you tired of the default skin in Minecraft? Learn how to change your skin in Minecraft in less than 5 minutes.
Minecraft skins are a cool way to make your own character in the most popular game in the world.
The default Minecraft skin is currently set to be Alex and once a player starts playing Minecraft, they are spawned with the ordinary skin.
Some people find the default Minecraft skin quite interesting, but some of the players manage to create their own skins, which represent their personality or a newer personality, which perfectly fits the game.
Having your own skin on Minecraft or using somebody’s already created skin is a fun way to play the game.
What are skins in Minecraft?
The skins in Minecraft represent a personality or a fictional character, which can be used as your player’s appearance while in game.
Minecraft skins can be seen by all the other players if you are playing in the online mode.
If you are a fan of playing online and like RPG’s, perhaps you can give a quick check on our list of the best RPG Servers in Minecraft.
You can find Minecraft skins in all kinds of variants and also expect to see skins, which look like characters from popular games and movies.
Players are creating those skins for others to use them or for their own personal needs.
Minecraft skins do not give you any extra abilities, such as resource gathering, stronger attacks or anything.
They are simply made to change the appearance of the character you are playing with.
How to change your skin in Minecraft on PC
In order to change your default player skin in Minecraft you will need to have the original premium version.
Changing the skin happens easy once you have your account set and here’s what you need to do:
- You can go into any of the Minecraft websites, such as Minecraft Planet or Minecraft skins and download any skin, which is available. Once the skin is downloaded it will appear on the place you had requested it (By default the downloads appear in the Downloads folder).
- Go to the official Minecraft.net website and log in to your account.
- From the website you will need to click the browse button and open the file of the skin that you had previously downloaded.
Once you save the skin you had chosen it will automatically appear in game and any kind of server that you access.
How to change your skin in Minecraft PE
Minecraft PE is a great version for mobile users and it also offers a skin change options, so you can choose any kind of player skin at any time.
In order to change your skin in Minecraft PE, you will need to:
- Go to any website, which is associated with skins for Minecraft, such as Planet Minecraft or Minecraft Skins and download the desired Minecraft skin.
- Open you Minecraft app and click on the coat hanger icon, which can be found on the bottom-right side of the game.
- You will need to click on the blank skin icon and upload the skin that you have previously downloaded on your phone.
- Once you have chosen the skin you wish to play with, you can just click on Confirm and apply the changes.
How to change your skin in Minecraft on console
If you are playing Minecraft on your console, there is a down side as you cannot simply download and upload Minecraft skins.
The game already offers skins inside it and only those skins can be used in order to play the game.
In order to change your skin in Minecraft on console you will need to:
- Go to the main menu of your game and click on Help & Options. Once you go to the next screen, you should be able to see Change Skin. Click on Change Skin.
- Select one of the free or paid skin packs that the Minecraft console edition offers.
- Start browsing through the skins offered by the game.
Once you find the skin of your liking, you can just hit apply and save the skin on your Minecraft character.
If the skin that you are choosing is a paid one and is not currently unlocked, you will be taken to your console’s store to purchase it before using.
How to change your skin in Minecraft Pirated Version
You cannot change your skin in Minecraft if you are using the pirated version, or with other words said: On a free downloaded version of the game.
Minecraft is required to be bought as the skins are changed by using the user name, that you had used to download and register into the game.
Luckily for you there are two different ways that you can be using any kind of Minecraft skin, whole playing solo or on online servers.
Changing your Minecraft skin in Servers
If you are playing a pirated version of Minecraft you can always change the skin of your character if the server has any plugin, which lets you do this.
Nowadays most of the Minecraft servers include free skin changer plugins, which players can use in-game and change their skin forever, while playing on the server.
The downside of this method is that once you change your skin on the server, it will not be saved on your account or be the same if you go and play on another server.
Using an already made account
Playing on Minecraft servers or solo mode will always require you to have a username set for your character.
The pirated copy of Minecraft does not require you to enter a password for any username that you are thinking to use.
So you can find out any kind of username, which has a skin in the game and use it while playing on cracked servers.
Sometimes you may encounter players using the same username and already having an account registered on a server, so you may have problems registering and using this account.
Be sure to check most of the usernames, which have the absolute same skin, so you can have options when registering to play on any kind of Minecraft server.